Friday, September 21, 2007

The Professional

I spoke with my primary physician yesterday. He and I had a 20 minute long discussion regarding medical school. It was an entertaining discussion.

Essentially, he told me that this was going to be the most difficult task I've ever undertaken, and that there is no light at the end of the tunnel. I'm going to have to work my ass off is basically what he said. He also told me that I shouldn't be worrying about volunteering or any of the other extra-curricular activities expected of most med students.

I think I may still do some volunteering. It's early enough that I can do a little bit at a time and get lots done. My primary also said that doctors are dogs. He said that they never stop working and the word quit isn't even in their vocabulary. That certainly sounds like my personality.

-Merlin

No comments: